Re: Motorcraft oil filters

Just because they are made of celulose material? Why not? They do not work?

I am not sure if this is very scientific to judge the quality of an oil filter based on how does it LOOK when cut open after usage...
Should we judge the filters based on their performance ? Based on how do they filter crap from the oil, not how do they look like?
They do not filter as well as multidensity synthetic blend media, and often have a lower efficiency ratio. An example is the Pureolator's PureOne being 99.9% efficient at 20 microns vs Premium Plus at 99.7%.Some filters are 97%, 94% etc. A good explanation would be the prior Hengst link showing 1 micron filtration paper (nano-fiber) for commercial applications.
Sure, looks can be deceiving. That's why I ask for SAE or ISO test results on the Toyota (or OEM Denso) filters. But the Denso site doesn't list them. I'm sure those Toyota filters work, as some people swear by Fram oil filters. So it's personal preference I guess.
I primarily use Purolator PureOne, Bosch Filtech, and Motorcraft, which are pretty much the same filter. Bosch used to have Champion Labs-made filters before they bought Purolator.
Now, if anyone has data showing Denso even filters close to the PureOne or Filtech, I certainly would like to know.

Fram makes several different "grades" of filters. Their best filter (which costs about $11) has a synthetic filter element.

I also doubt if the difference between filter filtering 99% and the one filtering 94% is worth trouble replacing the filter... If we were talking about replacing filter filtering only 60-70% with one doing 99 - than of course it would make sense. But 99 and 94 or 97%? Come on!