Removing IAC without removing throttle body? ('97 Camry)

I have a Hayne's manual for 92 to 96 Camry that says it is required to remove the throttle body in order to remove the IAC valve. I have been cleaning the IAC valve by spraying through the square hole in the throttle body but the result is not impressive. This time I would like to dissemble it and have a good bench cleaning. Can anybody tell me if it's possible to remove the IAC valve without removing throttle body on my 97 4 cylinder Camry? Thanks.

Harry (97 Camry)

Reply to
Harry Wu

Have you been spraying Berryman B12 Chemtool with the engine idling when first starting cold? Works for me. Perhaps I'm just easily impressed. If you want to remove the IAC you need to remove the throttle body. It's on the very bottom and you're just not going to get access to it otherwise. Get a new gasket. Watch where the water and vacuum lines connect. Shouldn't be too difficult. It's only held on with a few bolts, easily accessible.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus