Replacing head unit with the Toyota JBL premium sound, which is a good one?

Existing JBL premium sound, looking for good quality headunit with cd/mp3 player - nothing fancy, just good quality sound and reliable unit with a good radio and plays CD and MP3s well.

Alpine CDE-9872

or

JVC KD-HDR-1

Or another one?

Anyone used the HD radio and is it a worthwhile option?

Are there any installation issues in replacing the head unit with the existing JBL premium sound?

Will a good quality unit sound as well as the existing 6 CD changer/radio?

Reply to
Frank

JVC has good reviews, but personally I'd lean towards Alpine, which I believe BMW also sources as OEM.

Reply to
johngdole