running lean on purpose

Theoretical discussion, may void your warranty, yada yada yada...

If you wanted to convince the ECM to run the engine say 5-10% lean on fuel, how would you go about doing it?

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Dial in some bias from the oxygen sensors showing that the engine is running too rich would be the first thing I would try.

Reply to
hls

Thanks!

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Someone wrote a book on the subject, I don't think it was a best seller. "Lean Combustion" by Derek Dunn-Rankin

Fatter Than Ever Moe