Stinky smell from A/C on Camry 02

I remember this has come up several times on this board.....I just can'NT remember the solution. Could someone repeat what solution to spray, and where to introduce it to the A/C system? Thanx!

Marty

Reply to
Marty009

Marty,

The smell comes from mold that has built up in the evaporator area. Spraying Lysol may omit the spray for a short time, but the best thing to do is find a place that sprays a foaming type of liquid in the area. From what I have heard, you put this foam spray in the evap area, and the flush it with water. The foam will put a layer of protection around the evap to prevent mold from growing. One treatment lasts about 2 to 3 years. I have found that if you run the heater in the defrost mode, the heat basically kills the mold and the smell is no longer an issue.

Reply to
Car Guy