Gurgling Noise in Heater Core at Start-up

I recently flushed and filled the cooling system of my 99 Solara. No problems with overheating or anything. However, I've noticed that when I start the car after it has sat for a while that a gurgling (water noise) is apparent. I only hear it at start-up. After about two or three seconds it disappears. I've assumed it was air trapped in the system, so I've taken the radiator cap off and let the engine run for a few to let out the trapped air pockets. This did no seem to solve the problem. My next guess would be that my radiator cap might be leaking air into the system. Could this be a symptom of my thermostat going bad? Why is there water in the heater core at start-up (if in fact that is where I'm hearting the noise)? Could the heater valve be stuck open? Any insight into this little inconvenience is appreciated!

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Stevens

Try to fill the overflow tank to full when engine is hot. It would take 2-3 days to remove all air pockets.

Reply to
canoe2