Time for a new Camry ... and a question

It's time to trade in the 96, what an excellent car it has been for me, but at last, it has 204,000 Km's and I'm looking for a 2005, but I was wondering if anyone has heard if the engine sludge build up issue has been addressed ?

Reply to
Ron Cole

what buildup can you have on a brand new car?

Reply to
Manco

Is that all? My 93 has 285,000 kms and it runs like new.

and I'm looking for a 2005, but I was wondering

Reply to
Bassplayer12

Quite a bit, actually. the 6 cyl versions, and the Siennas had an oil build-up problem sue to 2 things: Toyota narrowed the passageways in some parts of the engine, and people think they can get 8-10,000 miles out of an oil change.

To the OP: the issue has been addressed, change your oil regularly and use a synthetic and you'll have no problems. And stay away from Jiffy-Lube, etc. If you can do it yourself, excellent; if you can't take it to someone you KNOW and know will do a good job, if not, in fact the dealership.

Reply to
HachiRoku

My understanding the gel problem (Toyota distinguishes gel from sludge) was fixed by 2002.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Bear in mind, that 1996 Camry has been an excellent car for many people. Sort of like the 1967 Volkswagen beetle - one of the best years.

204K Kms, is less than 127K miles - they can go 400,000 with very good care. I actually own stock in Toyota Motor Company, so is better for me if you buy the new car, but with the savings, you could install a completely new interior - usually that's the only area that shows wear. With proper care, the engine/ transmission can last virtually forever.
Reply to
Daniel

So how do you rate my 1995 2.2 4cyl 75.000miles from new. was it a good year or not.

it looks like it was a good one up to now

Johnny UK

Reply to
JM

Excellent year/model !

We also have a 95 4 Cyl Auto Camry LE, ours has about 98,000 miles on it.

Much better quality car than our 99 4 Cyl Auto Camry LE (approx 105000 mi). Fewer problems, etc. too. '95 just seems to be more "solid".

Hang on to that 95 :-)

Reply to
Justa Lurker