Turn Signals shorting dashboard lights?

My '92 Camry is acting strange. When I turn on my right turn signal, all the lights in my dash and shift control panels turn off! It works OK w/the left turn signal. Any diagnosis appreciated.

Thanks leor

Reply to
Leor Amikam

No one's responded yet???

I'd go and check all the connections and plugs involved with the dash and turn signal control. Check the connections to the turn signal lamps.

Is the right turn signal as bright as the left? If you lose a ground, sometimes there will be a path through other light bulbs to ground. That's where you get those strange "some lights go off when a particular one goes on" symptoms.

Reply to
Kurt Krueger

Thanks. Yes, the r/h signal seems to be as bright as the left. I'll check the connections first.

Reply to
Leor Amikam

Usually when you lose a ground connection then the current will pass through a bulb that isn't lit to ground on that bulb, which will make it burn dimly but, it won't hurt to check the grounds as stranger things have happened. Is the headlight/parklight switch on the turn signal stalk or lever? If so, with the right turn signal on try wiggling the turn signal stalk. The switch may have a bad contact(s) or broken wire causing the lights to go off when the stalk is in that position. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92