Vibrating motor

I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I have with my 96 Camry. The motor vibrates when accelerating through 2,300 rpms and levels out after. In other words it's fine until it hits those revs, and then goes away. This will happen when the car is stationary and revved or when moving. It only happens at those particular revs. We have had all the engine mounts replaced, but the problem has remained. If anyone can help us out that would be great. Cheers.. Brett.

Reply to
Jabber

This is definitly not the answer you were seeking, but... Did someone install an older Harley Davidson motor in your Camry? :)

Good luck finding the problem. Sounds like it could be something simple like a misfire or even bad plug wires to me.

Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?

Joe

I don't really know-Mine was the motor mounts..

Reply to
M.Balarama

A bad plug wire did that for me, so could a bad plug, under load full current is needed.

Reply to
ransley

A bad plug wire did that for me, so could a bad plug, under load full current is needed.

Maybe your wife likes the vibrations. ROFL.

Reply to
sharx35

SHARX12 nothing but help

Reply to
ransley

Hello, a one tooth offset of the timing belt may cause this. I would double/triple check the timing and timing belt settings... al.

Reply to
al

I had exactly the same problem on my Camry 2001 COnquest 4 Cyl model. After changing the engine mounts it still occurred. Took the car to another mechanic and he eyeballed the front mount and found it wasn't a Toyota genuine part but a generic. He explained that the generics were harder in shock absorbing and changed them to a genuine which had soft absorbing. Problem fixed!

Reply to
al