window clouding/fogging on 95 camry le

Have a 1995 camry LE and when damp outside and mild temperatures the inside windows fog terribly and you must run A/C to clear. What is going on? Everything seems to work normally with the AC and heat system. I have owned the car since 1996. 174000 miles and runs great but can't figure this out? Anyone...Bueller?

Reply to
Skyhigh65

Make sure that the fresh air control isn't on recirculate.

Reply to
mj

=================== There could be a pinpoint leak in the heater that would cause the interior to fog up. Replacing the factory coolant and distilled water regularly prevents this.

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
Skyhigh65

See if you can verify that the recirculate control is working properly. You may have a broken or disconnected cable there. A coolant leak would produce a sweetish smell in the interior of the car.

Reply to
mj

Reply to
Skyhigh65

I'm pretty much out of ideas. Maybe you have a climate that just promotes this. I've heard of the plastics used in Japanese cars outgassing and leaving deposits, but not just in one kind of weather...

Reply to
mj

Check to see if the trunk is leaking. I had a car one time that the gasket on the trunk was leaking and water was getting the car and would frost the glasses from the inside.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The moisture is coming from some place so if the air is circulating and you are getting fresh air from outside, either the windshield is so cold that it is forcing moisture to condense or you have a leak in the heater core that is allowing moisture to the inside of the windshield. Check your coolant level and verify that you aren't using any at all.

Reply to
Gary