windshield 2002

how much would a windshield replacement of a 2002 camry cost, labor and parts? what would be the most economical solution?
thanks

turn it into the insurance company their is usually a fifty to a hundred deductible. just had one replaced for my Chevy.

Dust wrote:

=Ditto BigJim, State Farm agent had recommended zero deductible comprehensive at minimal annual cost when I took out the policy. Insisted on Toyota windshield for replacement (prior owner got a series of fine scratches -- finally decided it was a hazard due to limitied visibility at dusk driving into the sun and they agreed instantly to replace it no questions asked.) My VIN number calls up some special light gold color tint - it's very mild in color, but matches the factory tint on the other windows. IIRC the windshield was over $400 retail, but $0 out of pocket to me, including a very professional installation by the company my insurance agent recommended in our city.
just curious.. are you saying you got a lower premium with zero deductible for comprehensive? and wouldn't your insurance premium be higher the next year with every claim.

It would be a good deal if they don't come back and jack up the premium. That said, however, I heard some insurance companies would waive the deductible for windshield work. Not sure the details so Dust might want to check the policy.

Safelite has a lifetime national warranty. You should be getting a new, DOT rated glass. Windshield is a structural component, also read the Repair and Replacement Guide on drive-off time and other good-to- knows, etc.
Get a quote for paying out of pocket at
http://www.safelite.com /

my company doesn't raise the rate for a cracked windshield as a matter of fact they want you to replace it for safety reasons.