'00 Tundra: O2 Sensor location?

Hello, can someone please tell me exactly where the four sensors are? When looking at the diagnostic codes, they say "bank 1, sensor 1", "bank 1, sensor 2", "bank 2, sensor 1", and "bank 2, sensor 2". So I guess I'd like to know if bank 1/2 is left/right side, and sensor 1/2 is front/back, etc. We're needing to replace two of the sensors.

Thank you! Kalah

Reply to
Kalah
1) There is a factory extended warranty 7-years/90,000 miles on both #1 oxygen sensors. Check with a dealership.

2) I think Bank 1 is the left (driver) side.

3) Sensor 1 is in front of the catcon, sensor 2 is behind the cat.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Bank one driver side

sensor one closest to motor

sensor two furthest from motor

the rest should make sense

Reply to
VTX1800C

Thanks to both of you for the info. The truck has over 100k miles on it, so was out of warranty for the repair. We ended up spraying a Liquid Wrench-type product on the sensors so they would come out easier, reset the "check engine" light, and low and behold - the light has yet to come on again. YET. If that made all the bits make better contact, then good -- and at least we have the info now on sensor location for the time we actually DO have to replace them.

The truck did just come back from a hunting trip in Utah, where roads are salted (they aren't here in CA), so maybe that was part of the problem and the Liquid Wrench took care of it.

Many thanks, Kalah

Reply to
Kalah