1987 4x4 Pickup ???...

Does anyone know where to get a cheap neutral safety switch for this truck? My local parts store can only get the 2WD version for some odd reason and a dealer wants to bend me over & break it off for the right one. I tried eBay and did see one that resembles mine(without being in pieces) so I emailed the seller but no response so I'm not buying from him but he claimed his was for an '83-'85 truck but "may fit other years". Is there other years compatible with '87? Tnx for any help!

Reply to
Robbo

Advance Auto has it but it's not cheap there either ($128)! See the listing here:

Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

That link takes me to Kragen, which is PartsAmerica in California.

But, here's the eyeopener:

Standard Motor Products Neutral Safety Switch (NS137) $290.99! or Niehoff Ignition Neutral Safety/Backup Switch (NS40701) $271.99! ('85-'88 Toy PU 4WD A.T.)

OUCH!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jeff