1988 v6 4wd toyota pickup

I just bought the truck I couldn't afford in high school-- A v6 4wd with

202k miles for $1100. Just had to put in a window & complete brakes.

Minus the numerous dents from where it looks like someone took into into the woods before the tote-the-note bounty hunter came to pick it up due to missed payments, the interior,motor,and transmission appear to be all original.

I've drivin this about 3000 miles- and this thing is TOUGH!!!! Is there anything better than a used toyota truck????? No wonder the Japanese handed our butt to us in the 80's car market.

Reply to
Carlton Clay

Actually the Japanese started in the early 70's. I bought a new vehicle from one of the big three in July 1969 and by the time it was hit by a drunk and totaled the 71's were out. The car had spent over 1/4th of it's life by then in the dealer's service dept. for warranty work. Several people I knew, including two of my brothers, had puchased a Japanese import and almost never had a problem as well as bought for a lower price. Sometime shortly after this all the big three were facing sales problems due to quality issues. It is good to note that the big three have responded to this and all make vehicles that are as good as or very close to the quality of a Japanese vehicle, a few are even ranked better. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92