1995 toyota 4 runner vacumm problem.

I just had a recent head job done, due to car overheated and blew my heads, The car is working, but its idling kind of rough and is also my my check engine light is comming on. I had a friend of mine check it with the diagnostic computer and its is giving me a 71 code. Its supposed to be my EGR valve that is supposedly stuck. Is there a way to verify if the EGR is trully stuck in an open or shut off position? or if it is a EGR system problem and one of the hoses is in the wrong location. If anyone can help out, it would be greatly appretiated.

Reply to
JerryG2k5

The EGR valve, if I'm correct, is on the rear passenger side head, covered by the intake manifold. I was told it should be cleaned or replaced if you were ever to remove the intake manifold/plenum. Since you had your heads done they should have replaced it. It might still be under your warranty. If not you'll have to remove the intake plenum.

Do a search for a shop manual for your year and model. BTW is it a 95 or 95

1/2 4Runner?
Reply to
Joseph Wind

Reply to
JerryG2k5

Maybe your right, I have to look at my engine again, but I part your describe is the Air Mass Meter. It has a wide rubber booted connector.

Reply to
Joseph Wind