2000 Land Cruiser Transmission dead at 61K miles

I did a search and didn't see anything on this . Has anyone heard of an issue with the transmission on these vehicles. I took ours in for a irregular noise when the trans stepped down at idle and a hard shift, they found the old metal in the pan. I was at 61000 miles but they replaced the transmission under warranty anyway (still surprised because they got the corporate approval before they even called me). 61000 miles is very early with this vehicles reputation, just wondering if there was a known weakness or did I just get the one abberation.

Thanks

Reply to
Islanderdad