22RE intake noise

Hi folks ...

I'm spending a lot more time in my '94 pickup with 22RE these days and the intake noise around 3000 has become an annoyance. Starts just below

3000 ... ends about 3200. Cruising range. Anybody know of any sort of fix for this? Was surprised when i bought this truck that my '88 carbed engine was quieter in similar circumstances. The '88 did seem to have some sort of "tuning stub" (?) in the intake system that may have killed the noise. Any info appreciated ... jim
Reply to
JeB

Did you buy the truck new? Some people remove the silencing equipment in the air intake to make for better airflow and a previous owner may have done this to yours.

Reply to
MFINJA

I know the previous two owners and doubt this happened but what should I look for?

Reply to
JeB

If the silencer is gone, it will probably have nothing connected to the snout of the air horn on your air clenaer.

Reply to
Celica Dude

this is the fuel injected model ... all plumbing to the filter box in place.

Reply to
JeB

damn, my eyes must not be working correctly

Reply to
Celica Dude