96 tacoma

how do you diconnect the door chime on the tacoma? on my 91 gmc truck there was a black box that i just unpluged, on the tacoma i see a lot of wire harnesses. thanks for any info. mlr

Reply to
MARTIN ROJAS

Do you want the EASY way or the "professional" way?

Pro way: you have to drop the lower panel under the steering column and hunt for some wire (which I could never find) and cut it. The easy way: remove that little kick panel down where your left foot rests. You'll see a single wire going to the door. I cut a little hole in the kick panel and put a little rocker switch in. You can then turn it on or off and get rid of the chime.

I like to have the doors open with the CD blasting if I am out shooting or working some place and that *#$(% chime drove me nuts; as did the way Toyota made it so difficult to disconnect.

Reply to
Colon Blow