any new rumors

about a hybrid truck in the Toyota line? I'm hoping they come out with one before my current truck melts down......

Reply to
Bill Sorens

I recall reading something a couple months ago where Toyota intends to offer every model with a hybrid option by 2007(?). May have been the corp web site, but can't say for sure.

Reply to
Kai S.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Yup, I saw that. Too bad it's an SUV. I need a pick-um-up truck for work - a dual cab med-large hybrid would be just the ticket.....

Reply to
Bill Sorens

Whats so great about a hybrid?

The extra you spend initialy $2 -3K will buy alot of gas, not to mention battery replacement, special service only the dealer can preform.

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

It's the hot thing right now, and a lot of people want to be in on the inital generations of Hybrid technology. I myself want to wait for 4 or 5 years untill the issue of long-term reliability and maintenance is answered.

- TS

Reply to
Trailswipe

Toyota is going to great pains to ensure good operation of the '04 Prius -- I know because my parents have one. Load it with 650 pounds of passengers and the darn thing effortlessly keeps up with city/interstate traffic with plenty of pedal to spare. Oh, did I mention 55 MPG? This is a mature, usable technology.

Have you folks ever heard of the Porche hybrid? Seems I saw a pic taken of one ...... circa 1905.

Reply to
Bill Sorens

A co-worker's wife is getting 650 miles to the tank. Assuming a 14 gal capacity, that's 46mpg. Given the 20-25 mpg most other vehicles are getting, that adjusts her fuel cost to a buck a gallon. So her additional cost to purchase the car is only $1000-1500. And the engine runs more hours at a steady rpm so it will last longer.

Reply to
Kai S.

Hi Toyota is building a new plant in San Antonio Texas where the All new 06 Tundra will be built and they are planning a hybrid version of that truck The Highlander will be out shortly as will the RX330 hybrid. C

Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net