ARGH!!! HELP!!!

While putting on my front rotors and finishing installing all the hub work (after I needed to replace my rotors), I brok the end hub piece that let's you lock and unlock the hub. After researching, I found out this is called "Aisin Hib"? Anyways, my local dealer is telling me 200 dollars, but that comes with all the hub assembly for both tires, and I just need ONE end hub center-piece thing.

Can somebody point me to a place where I can by this? I found one on eBay but it is only for a Tacoma, and I have an '88 Toyota pickup 4wd!

HELP!~

Reply to
Shinnokxz

If anyone is still confused on what part I'm talking about, this is a picture of it from an aisine website:

It's just the top piece I need, and not that big metal piece under it.

Reply to
Shinnokxz

Looking at this picture:

It's the COVER (2) that has broke.

Reply to
Shinnokxz

85 bucks, and good quality. If you offroad, you might wanna dish out for a Warn. 120 bucks or so. And this includes both, dunno if you can only get one.

Jason

Yikes! I don't need anything FANCY! If anyone can list a cheaper set, then I'd be thankful. But thank you, that's better than anything that I've foubd.

Reply to
Shinnokxz

Try eBay, or any of the forums on off-road.com or 4x4wire, probably get a spare hub for under $50. Or try

and search for a local junkyard or try one of thevendors listed at:
I broke one of mine after hitting it on a trail run and keep it as a spare. One tip I found it to file the face of the locking part flat so it doesn't stick out where rocks can grab it. The Aisin hubs are otherwise very strong, well worth getting a spare one. Keep your broken one for the other parts.

Reply to
Roger Brown

QUIT WHINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you even TRIED a wrecking/UPullIt yard???? Remember, the Sucky Samurai has the same part, and is more likely to be found.

Reply to
Ms. Manners

if you offroad, the stock aisin hubs works just fine . you dont need to be a moron and waste your money on some gold plating job.

Reply to
Gilian

Reply to
Shinnokxz

You can buy just the part you need. Try another dealer. Aisan hubs are superior! Things to look for when considering what makes for a good hub and a chaep one? This, the bushing surface area, used when free wheeling. So far, Superwinch has to be the worst I've ever seen. Warn, they have good surface, but its easy to make large bushing areas if the hub sticks out a mile, trick is to to it and still keep it compact, just like the Aisan hubs. Overall innerds on the Aisan are also superiot to all of them.

Reply to
MDT Tech®