Carburretor not idling back on an FJ40

I have a 1984 FJ40 Landcruiser. 6 cylinder petrol.

It already had the stock exhaust manifold replaced with extractors when I bought it. They rusted out and I replaced them with a different brand.

Since then the motor takes some time to settle back to idle when driving and slowing to a stop. It seems to me that the vacuum secondry throat of the carburretor is taking its time to close. But I am not sure.

For instance as you slow for a red light you lift your foot but the vehicle does not slow much. You have to use more than the usual brake as there is little engine braking. Then when you come to a stop the motor continues to rev for a few seconds.

Has anyone else had this problem and can guide me in the right direction ?

Thanks, Baz

Reply to
Bada