Charging problems.

84 Toyota pickup 4x4 Charging problems. I have changed the alternator, regulator, cleaned everything but still no charge. Anyone have anymore ideas? Thanks for your help, Scott
Reply to
Andersen

I presume the battery has been tested and is OK. An internally shorted battery will not hold a charge. Next you might consider grounds. The battery is likely grounded to the body while the alternator is grounded to the engine. If somehow the engine is not well grounded to the body, that could cause this problem. Touch a wire from the body of the alternator to the negative battery terminal to test this theory. An ammeter inserted in series in the battery ground cable might be helpful in getting some current flow data. I assume you've measured battery voltage both static and running. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

Yes I have tried all of those but the altenator that was taken out is diferrent from the one I put in. There was an adaptor that i took off and the onector fits properly. Maybe I should try the other one? Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Andersen

Hi, I found my problem, Email me for more detailed info. I was using the wrong alternator with two wires crosed. snipped-for-privacy@Scott.US

Scott