ect computer

didn't see message posted so i'll ask again i have a 1987 toyota pickup, 2wd a/t, 22re with electronic push button o/d on column shift. use to kick in when warm now not at all. tranny seems fine. changed fluid, tested connectors amongst a few other checks, and tests. But the one thing i could not find which is at the top of my troubleshooting list is the ect computer. anybody know the exact location of ect computer? i gave up looking for it thnx.

Reply to
rewstr2002

Hey! It's behind the kick panel on the passenger side at your feet - 1991

4Runner here. ECT and ECU >didn't see message posted so i'll ask again i have a 1987 toyota
Reply to
ZaXXoN

isn't that the efi ucu? because the compponent locations chart that i have shows different locations for both. according to the chart it shows the ect behind i/p. i took out the i/p and dash twice and still could not find it. what size and /or color is it?

Reply to
rewstr2002

Hey! That is the efi ecu and the ECT on my daughters 91 4runner according to the Toyota repair manual. On my 86 pickup it's in the same spot but it's a manual trans. It's a silverish metal box maybe 1.5 x 6 x 8 inches as I remember. ZaXXoN

Reply to
ZaXXoN

Hey i do appreciate your info it made me think maybe it is part of the efi ecu but then remembered that all the schematics show the ect as being in a seperate location. I think what i'll do is just take it to somebody who gets paid for figuring out all that crap and just let the company i work for pay for it. thanx again for your help.

Reply to
rewstr2002