Four Wheel Drive not working 1993 T100

I'm trying to get my four wheel drive working on my 1993 Toyota T100. When you shift it into four wheel drive it down shifts so it goes slower so if feels like it's engaging but when you get stuck the front tires don't spin. I heard that it can be the hoses that go to the differential but I looked at these and they look good. Also, the four wheel drive light on the dash does not light up when it's in four wheel drive. I have heard from Toyota that the hubs are always locked on the T100's because I originally thought that they were autolockers and weren't locking. If anyone has any idea's of anything I can try to do to figure it out please let me know. Any help would be appreciated. The differential is also an ADD (Automatic Disconnecting Differential)

Reply to
bsmith95610

Here is how the ADD system works:

you can see, a sleeve moves back and forth over splines to engage anddisengage 4 wheel drive. Some people have disabled it in the 4X4 modeand then installed manual hubs as the article explains. I passed on buying a T-100 when I found out what ADD was and purchased a

1999 Tacoma instead.
Reply to
Jarhead