Gas goes the wrong way !

Would any one know why atomized gas would spray up and out the top of the carb on my 87 22r when I work the linkage. This truck also makes a low howl , like blowing air over a pop bottle-- at the same time you give the truck As a result of this truck has lost power-- I can barely get going enough to get to the next gear-- once I get there if I get there it will cruise nicey at 55 but I don't have the top end in any gear so no 60+ in fifth gear. Help ! John

Reply to
jbutkus via CarKB.com

Check for a blocked exhaust system. The catalytic converter is a likely suspect if it's the original converter. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al