Hard Starting '95 2wd 5-Std Trans ExCab Toy PU

Does this sound like dealership Baloney or for real fix...

My '95 2wd 5-Std Trans ExCab Toy PU (65K miles, R22E 4 Cyl) has been declining in condition for starting - first it was not starting after a ~5-10 mile drive then short stop (cranking fine, no fire, not every time) This evolved to it not always starting (more and more often) in the morning or after days of not being used.

Seemed a lot like what has been described in this group as a problem with the Air Flow Meter (flapper in the air filter box that closes a switch that powers the relay that energizes the fuel pump) or the relay that energizes the fuel pump itself.

The Dealership is telling me the cold start injector is bleeding off in the injector - their description is - tech put a pressure gage on the fuel line and had in-spec pressure when the pump was running and when it stopped, but later found the pressure was down to zero after a while, which lead to tracing to the cold start injector dripping fuel.

They say the dripping is leading to a sort of "flooded" condition, and/or delay getting the fuel line filling back to pressure (my guess

- vapor lock).

Solution replace the injector. Lots of $$$

Does this sound like it's for real or a nice profit action for the dealership ?

One motorhead I know sez BS... But he was only ~16 when the truck was built...

Reply to
TheSnipe at anti-spamdotmemindspringdotmecom

You could try this and see if it helps:

Otherwise you could remove the CS inj. and see if it is indeed leaking and replace it or send it out to have cleaned:

Roger Brown