hybrid engine in 4runners

anyone know when the hybrid engines are going to be put in the 4runners? I looked at the highlander last week, it was nice, but the cargo area is too small for my dogs, and, I couldn't carry nearly as much in there as I can in my 96 4 runner with gas here at 3 bucks a gallon... welll, you do the math

Dave

Reply to
zephyr

Haven't heard about the 4Runner. Did hear about the Camry and pickup truck hey are supposed to do maybe late next year. Fwiw, the highlander is sold as a "Performance" unit over the standard gas-engine Highlander. The mpg gain is minimal, something like 6 mpg better, but the off-the-line and overall performance is improved and it seems quieter since the gas-engine is offline at times.

Salesman I dealt with had hopes the hybrid Highlander would have had better mpg numbers though when it appeared. Dunno on that one. You need to do the math on that one and maybe it'll match if they do something with the

4Runner.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Count yourself lucky, Petrol here in Australia is around $1.23.9 per litre. Thats $5.20 a gallon! Even with $ conversion thats around $4.65 per gallon US$.

Reply to
Scotty

Scotty wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of that cost is government taxes which they use to provide mass-transit, such as passenger trains, even in your rural areas. Also, your government implements that tax on you instead of some of the taxes we pay, like sales tax and etc. The end result is we pay a similar amount of TOTAL taxes by year end. I think ours is something like 4 months of work will pay all the various types of taxes we will incur in a years time. Also, your laws are structured to protect motorcycle and motorscooter riders, and small cars so you have more of these, using less amounts of fuel. Here in the U.S. our laws are skewed towards bigger/expensive vehicles and even at that there is no real concern over two-wheeler's and small vehicles rights. You definately don't want to get in heavy traffic here in the U.S. with a scooter. A motorcycle or small car that has enough power to get out of the way is a gamble. If you get hit by someone at fault, it's usually your loss due to time off work for instance and can usually only be compensated by filing a lawsuit. These lawsuits are time consuming and usually a better revenue source for lawyers than those who got hurt or damaged. Also, mass transit is only a viable option in metropoliton areas, most rural and small cities only have limited bus service. AM-Track is the only passenger train service and it's only available in limited areas. Just my thoughts, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Yeah.......... well............. we still gotta pay it regardless of what we drive/ride. Law suits here are almost as common as the US (almost)

That $1.23 per litre is only in Metro areas, up to $1.60 rural.

Reply to
Scotty