Keep blowing out my high beams

I'm now on my 3rd set of halogen headlight bulbs for a 1984 Toyota truck. It still uses the conventional H4 wiring. However, after about a month of driving, the high beam filaments break (verified by measuring continuity on the bulb). The low beams are just fine.

Any clue as to what is causing the high beams to die prematurely?

Reply to
O.B.

"O.B." schrieb:

Strange. I only can guess if you have a slight higher voltage or vibration is killing them. You may try to use bulbs with higher power (have a thicker filament) or some of them vibration resistant ones. Both may be found in agricultural shops (which I recommend for many useful things on our 4x4s :)

Axel

Reply to
Axel Hammer