Tires for 2000 4runner

I need to get a set of high quality tires. I do not drive off road and most of my driving is local or within 50 miles. In my area we have a Sears, Firestone, Goodyear, Tire Kingdom and a few independent dealers. Any suggestions. If you need more info I can post it.

Reply to
Letschacha

I know people with both brands who're extremely pleased with them, and they should wear very well with reg. care since you're not off road....

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

At Firestone, look at any Firestone or Bridgestone tires with their quality level "Uni-T" or "Uni-T AQ-II". This includes Firestone Destination LE.

I don't like any of Goodyear's tires except their TripleTred passenger car tires and European made snow tires.

Tire Kingdom is part of TBC Corp. which also owns Big-O. OK tires, not great.

Michelin are always excellent, as are Toyo. Cooper and their other brands, Dean, Mastercraft, are good and well worth the price. Hankook and Kumho are also well worth the price.

Take a look at the tirerack customers' ratings:

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Which brings up a point, Ken; I suppose TireRack doesn't rate Toyo because they don't carry the brand. (?)

I've a set of Toyo Spectrums on the family van, and compared to the two (previous) sets of Michelins, they are indeed impressive in handling, wear, and appearance.

I came very close to buying the Yokohama Geolanders for my PreRunner, but went instead with the more aggressive BFG KO's. The Toyos and Yokohamas were a very close 2nd choice.

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

Except last week when F1 was running at Indy.

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
HighlandCA

French politics at work. Michelins are over rated and over priced. One can get equivalent tires for less.

Reply to
Joseph Wind