Keyless entry program 2000 Tundra

Can I program a keyless entry fob myself or does toyota get to overcharge me to do it. The already overcharged me for the fob and now want me to set an appointment for them to program my 2000 tundra. Thx, Rich

Reply to
Me

If that's the same one I'm thinking of you can program it yourself, if you have a helper to read the instructions out loud as you execute the moves - we don't call it "The Chicken Dance" for nothing... ;-)

Someone will post the instructions, but it's about a 50-step process that has to be one in a continuous flow - no stopping for more than a few seconds. It's like 'Dance Dance Revolution', a process of turning on and off the ignition multiple times, stepping on the brake pedal, turning on the headlight switch, pushing the buttons of all the remotes you want to program, and scratching your head and rubbing your belly at the same time... (Well, scratch that last one.)

Skip a step, repeat one too many times, stop for too long, or get one out of order, and you have to start over.

And each dealer has one or two service people who were (or are) video game junkies, have it all memorized, and can pull off the whole ballet routine unaided on the first try. And a few who couldn't get it right if they worked on it for a week.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Reply to
Andy Lutz

Nobody's popped up with them yet? I'll go look in the YahooGroups Toyotas_Only archives in a bit. I think there's a few variations for the different years.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

For my 2000 tundra it was toyota TSB ax007-99

Reply to
Me

I found them on the Tundra Solutions site. Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy Lutz