leaf springs?

acceptable to have them resprung or is there a place sombody knows thats pretty reasonable on new rear leaf springs?

Reply to
Steve Grammer

By "resprung" I assume you mean "re-arched"? Define "reasonable", a certain cost? Do you need lift or added load capacity? What sort of vehicle? There are also add-a-leaf kits, Rancho SoftRide AAL kit is good

Roger Brown

a small amount of added load capacity would be nice, im just looking to replace the factory springs with somthing close to stock ride hieght.

Steve Grammer

oops sorry, 96 taco if it matters.. 4x4

Reply to
Steve Grammer

Try an add-a-leaf kit if the springs are otherwise undamaged. Look for a kit with at least one long, thin leaf, the Rancho kit I mentioned above has one long pair and one shorter pair of leaves you can add to or in place of existing leaves in the spring pack to get the load capacity and ride height you want. You could get a spring pack from a junkyard as well, or look to a place like Alcan Spring or National Spring to build you a custom spring pack based upon your vehicle's weight and load carrying needs. I've run Alcan springs for many years and they work very well.

Reply to
Roger Brown