Toyota Truck Interior Replacement

Hey guys,

I have a 1990 Toyota Pickup 1/2 ton - manual transmission. I want to change out the interior and put in bucket seats and a center console. What year trucks can this be done easily in and what problems or fitment issues would I run into when replacing interior? Also, are there any websites that sell interior pieces that I can search through?

Reply to
Bellsouth Newsgroup

scott and barb

I have an '85 regular cab 5spd manual and also want to swap the bench seat and add bucket seats and center console. Could I just use seats from an extended cab? I think I also need to add extra tracks in the floor, but I want to do something that looks good.

Thanks, Anders

Reply to
Wolfgang

Specifically to extended cab: buckets yes, split bench you won't be able to slide the passenger seat without a bit of re-work.

In general, you can use a wide variety of seats, and no matter which you choose, you'll have to drill at least 2 holes and mount two bolts.

I recently gave a friend a set of Tercel bucket seats (MY89) which he quite easily installed into my old MY84 Standard Cab 5spd 22R. They fit and went in quite easily, are more comfortable than the bench, and allow for a center console.

In the past, I've installed or provided for the installation of MY85 Supra seats into an MY88 Pickup, MY89 4Runner seats into a MY95 Pickup, and MY88 Saab 900 seats into an 89 X-cab pickup (very comfortable, but they are too big for a regular cab).

I've also seen 85 Camaro seats in an 86 Turbo Pickup, and they fit and looked just right (aside from the word "Camaro" in the fabric).

The rails (tracks) stay with the seats. The entire assembly bolts into either existing or newly drilled mounting points for the 4 bolts per seat.

good luck! GTr

- -

gregory trimper