Performance Brake Pads and Rotors for 2001 4Runner

I believe him (and you), but I have no platform from which I can test what you guys are telling me, so I can't confirm or deny.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Slots allow the gas to escape, crossdrilling increases the exposed surface area so that cooling can be distributed more evenly and quicker.

Slots and crossdrilled holes are typically only made on high performance brake parts, except pads. Low performance brakes don't care, and the pads may or may not have a slot cut into them, depending on the whim of the parts-maker. Granted, OEM parts may specify a groove cut into the pad, but as a practical matter, replacement parts might or might not actually have the same gorrve, and life isn't going to change if the groove is missing.

It is probably not worth the cost-up to change rotors from a standard rotor to a slotted and/or crossdrilled rotor if viewed from the perspective of increased performance. I made the change on my BMW solely for the looks of the holes and slots, but my driving style does not require holes and slots and my car does not have holes and slots available from official BMW sources -- I had to get mine from an aftermarket source.

If anybody has a car that is fitted with standard rotors, making an upgrade to slotted and crossdrilled rotors is not going to make much difference in braking performance or reliability.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Well, more often than not!

No one is ever really correct with politics. And I try to be when it comes to cars!

As I said, I'm not familiar with the trucks as well, and I never had to do the rears on my '85 2 wheel drive truck, but all the cars I've done the rear drums on, the adjuster works with the brake handle

Your mileage may very...

Reply to
Hachiroku