ping: MDT TECH

always replace the knock sensor pigtail wire that goes under the

> intake and if you dotn replace the sensor, make sure the pin in the > sensor is bright shiny and clean. And corrosion in this sensor will > disallow ignition timing, and you will have little power and you will > have to remove the intake again to fix it.

I'm about to go back in to do my 2nd t-belt+w/pump. i've been under the intake plenum twice recently to replace leaky valve cover gaskets...where is this sensor located (89 3vz-e)??? and, what's it cost? i noticed a lack of power recently- thought it was just the 300+k miles...

Reply to
miike

Once you pull the air intake chamber, you can't miss it. On the left (driver) side of the motor, you will see the pigtail coming out from under the intake manifold. It is the only thing your wiring harness connects to that runs under the intake manifold.

My motor has similar mileage to yours and the signal lead on the pigtail was corroded so badly that it fell apart in my hands when I tried to pull the tape off of it. If yours has never been replaced, it is overdue.

Luther

Reply to
Luther