question: towing another car with a one tonne toyota pickup

question: towing another car with a one tonne toyota pickup

I am thinking of towing (tow dolly or otherwise) a toyota corrolla (1595 KG) with a one-tonne 2wd toyota pickup long-box 2.4 fuel-injected (weighs 2494 KG). Uhaul says it is not recommended but when they enter the tow vehicle, the list of vehicles to choose from does not include a one-tonne toyota. I can see how a normal light pickup may not be recommeded but the one-tonne pickup may be another case. I do not want to overload my vehicle, but would like to know if the one-tonne pickup would be recommended if it were in fact taken into consideration. \

Would appreciate any insight anyone could provide.

Reply to
jpan

Read the manual in the towing section or phone your local dealer. If they say they cant help pop down to your local car sales yard and have a look in all the gloveboxs for another manual and read that one.

More than one way to skin a cat eh.

Reply to
Scotty

It also has a class 3 hitch. I did visit the dealer but nothing concrete. also a reminder it is a 1988 toyota but I will look into it.

If anyone can point me to a technical faq or somewhere else. Weight wise I think it can handle it but I do not want to burn out the engine driving

4000K
Reply to
Giancarlo Pagliaroli

I towed a vw van 200 miles w no trouble, do not use 5th gear!!!!

I towed a sport car on a trailer, 200 miles also.

I don't think you will have a problem, just take your time.

j.

Reply to
We are not here to play, to dream, to drift