RAV/4 Info

My Daughter is looking at get one. What can you all tell me about them, good and bad???? Sure looks like a kool set of wheels

-- bc

Reply to
Boots Crofoot

The RAV4 is a very good vehicle. It is very similar to the Honda CRV. The Subaru Forrester is in the same class, although it looks more like a mini station wagon and is rated slightly higher in safety. Personally, I would not recommend a new vehicle to people

Reply to
Phisherman

ff

I'm currently on my third RAV4. I bought a gently used 1997 in 1999 and kept it for a year, then in 2000 I bought a new 2000, and 10 months later I decided I just had to have the new body style...so I bought a new 2001. It's a 5-speed manual, 4x4, L-series and I just can't say enough about how much I love it. It's very responsive, gets great gas mileage, and in general is just fun to drive. Also, Consumer Reports [last time I checked] rated the RAV4 tops in its class.

Reply to
WCJ

What are people paying for RAV4s?. I just had a dealer quote of $21,623

  • tax + license for a 2007 RAV4 (4 cylinder, 2WD). Includes following options (none of which I want):

AA 17 " Styled Wheels DR Roof Rack CD Tonneau Cover EF Read Door Applica

The price also includes a charge for TDA (Toyota Dealer Advertising). The salesman says the dealer invoice, which includes TDA, is $20,873. This is about $550 over what Edmunds.com says the invoice should be, which the salesman claims is due to TDA.

Can anyone tell me if the quoted price of $21,623 is in the ballpark?

Thanks

TW wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Taylor