2000 4 cylinder 4x4 auto reg cab tacoma?

Hey all

My neighbor is the 2nd owner and it has roughly 65K miles. Is this a good truck? What are the known problems with it? Anything I should be on the lookout with it? He said he was going to sell it when the new silverado comes out

thanks for your input

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

Aw, at 65K it's still just a baby.

You may want to drive it before you buy it; I personally don't care for the

4X4, auto trans, 4 banger combination.

This from someone perfectly happy with his 95 2wd manual trans 4 cyl Tacoma, but drives a 63 Willys wagon with a small block Chevy conversion off road - so consider the source!

It's a fine truck and you'll get lots of trouble free miles from it. I'd venture to say that you'll still be driving it when the neighbor jettisons the new Silverado.

-- Mike Harris Austin, TX

Reply to
Mike Harris

It is a good truck model. Some lose the steering stops, and it makes a terrible noise at full turns. It's a simple and inexpensive fix. Maybe shocks, and if your budget allows, go Bilstein. Simple engine, manual hubs, short wheelbase. Get the toyota card showing the lub zirks on the drivetrain. There's a lot of them. You should be pleased. I'd be pleased to be offered the truck or a similar one. Tell the group when you're ready to sell it.

Reply to
Luba Papageorgio

How easy are the steering stops to fix? What is the procedure? I have a 93 that makes a terrible noise at full turns. What are "Bilstein"? And what exactly does this mean? "Get the toyota card showing the lub zirks on the drivetrain." In novice terms? :o) Thanks Terry

Reply to
Terry