Re: '88 4X4 Pickup Overheating

I wanted to update this post after I'd used it a few years ago. What finally did the trick was ONLY using Toyota parts. Toyota Radiator, yes, at $410. Toyota thermostat, hoses, and belts. Never a problem since then. That other junk I had never seemed to adequately cool it. I did replace the head gasket prior to all of this as well, which had gone bad, but keeping the oem cooling products did solve the issue. Just goes to show quality is worth it.

-- Message posted using

information at

franktrizzo