Re: locking gas cap

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:38:16 -0600, "bearman" found these unused words floating about:

>I just bought a new 2007 Tacoma Access cab. Much to my chagrin, I >discovered that it doesn't have either a cable-operated gas filler door or a >locking gas cap. I'm thinking of trying to put a lock on the filler door >since I can't find any locking gas cap that would maintain the emission >control. Toyota doesn't even have one as an accessory. >Does anyone have any suggestions?

I bought one from AutoZone for my 2002 DC. It has the feather seal and deeper 'plunge' on the threads.

While it may be difficult to siphon today, it's not impossible and when you're out hiking in the desert, it's nice to know some arse isn't going to leave you stranded just because they didn't 'think' about gas supply.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien