rear differential oil - '96 T100

Started a fluid changing session on a '96 T100.

Going directly by Toyota recommended spec oils in the owners manual - I used Mobile 1 75-90 gear oil in the front differential, tranny and transfer case. When I get to the rear differential, Toyota says to use 90W gear oil. Can I get by using Mobile 1

75-90 in the rear differential or is this a real no-no??

If I should not use Mobile 1 75-90, what can I use in a synthetic? I think my local auto store carries Valvoline 80-90 synthetic....

Don

Reply to
Don Carpenter

dave