Ride height on stock '89 pickup?

I'd like to get a few responses to this, so I can average out the results. I have an '89 4x4 pickup with 31x10.5's. My truck seems a little higher than others I see on the road. Can anyone measure the ride heights (front and rear) of their stock rigs? Measuring something attached to the frame would probably be best, (ie. front-most crossmember). What I'm getting at, is that it looks like 33's would fit on my truck without rubbing any more than the 31's. This will aid me in my decision. Thanks for the anticipated responses.

Reply to
Jovis

For stock height, see:

13.5" from the top of the 15" wheel to the lip of the front fender. To check for level front-rear, measure fromground up to frame at two points along the flat section of the frame. Recordthe difference in height as well as the horizontalseparation and you can figure out if the rear is higher or lower than the front. Generally need at least an inch of body lift to fit 33s, although a few folks have stuffed the narror 33x9.50s underneath:

Roger Brown

When I bought my '87 (used) it had BFG 33 X 9:50's on it. an "add a leaf" was installed on the rear end with nothing done to the front. I took them off and put 235 X 15's on it as I didn't like the way it handled, and, didn't like not being able to use 5th gear here in the high plains around Amarillo Texas. Since your gearing is for 31's you may not have the negative results that I had. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Jarhead

Thanks for the replies and emails. According to the measurements, it's at the stock ride height. I guess it just looks different to me because it's mine.

Reply to
Jovis