RS3200 help

i just installed the OEM RS3200 alarm into my 2002 Tacoma. install went very smooth, although getting to 2 connectors on the back side of fuse panel was rather tricky.

RS3200 does not seem to lock the doors during passive arming. is this the case ??

thanks.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Did you go thru the shut door, insert key, remove key, open door routine to program it??? Not sure what the default is. Do you have the operating instructions?

Reply to
Wolfgang

yes, i have everything, it's a factory install kit. the programming page for how to set for passive does not say it will also lock, just says "passive arming". i did set the unit to auto-lock with key in and unlock after key out. no other page says anything about setting the "passive arm with passive locking"....?

i would really like it to auto lock during passive arming. i'm used to always locking my doors, but it would be nice to have this feature.

anyone else have RS3200 that locks during passive arming ??

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Reread my instructions - it just activates alarm with entry delay --- doesn't lock the doors (although on my 4Rnr it seems to lock all but the drivers door). Guess they don't want you to lock your keys inside as you're gasing up. I seem to always lock mine with the keyless entry.

Reply to
Wolfgang