Shocks for Lexus LX450 obsolete?

Was just told that the OEM Lexus shocks for the LX450 96 & 97 are not available any longer. Anyone know if theis is true? If so, what have people been using as an alternative?

This is for a female driver and she prefers the LX450 suspension to the firmer Land Cruiser ride, otherwise I'd just use the OEM Land Cruiser shocks. Pretty surprised that Lexus/Toyota doesn't support their models with available parts, Mercedes Benz has never let us down with parts availability even over decades of use. Parts are still available for our '76 450sl.

Reply to
jan

Call Specter Offroad, LC is pretty much all they do. If anyone can locate them...

I don't think there's going to be a lot of difference in the damping rate valving between the LX and LC, but you never know till you try. They could have used a progressive orifice design, but a normal 'premium gas-charged' shock should do.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks Bruce, but it was a false alarm. Found out that my trusty Toyota parts dealer does not have access to the Lexus/Toyota parts in their computer system. Called a local Lexus dealer, and sure 'nuff, they were able to order them. thanks for the info though. jan

Reply to
jan