srunner

I've been calling all over socal the last few days to try and get one of these, I eventually called toyota, and found out pretty much the only way to get one is with a standing order, where dealer stock is searched, and if a match is found, a deal is worked out. I've actually heard from a couple sources they're more common in the midwest and eastcoast regions?? Considering how California sport trucks are, and that I am looking in SoCal, I am amazed by this. If they're gonna make it that hard, why bother producing the thing.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

OK, what's the "srunner"? Tom

Reply to
Tom & Nikki Mister

Yeah its a tacoma with hotrod suspension and a bigger v6, about 190 hp stock, mid 200s with the supercharger.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Not a bigger V6, same one you get on any V6 Tacoma. Its a 2WD (NON pre runner) Tacoma with Special suspension(Tokico I think). Optional TRD supercharger, which works on any Tacoma makes it a beast. Very nice looking racing truck.

Reply to
Jason

Two hundred per month is what Toyota said they were going to make when they introduced the S-Runner in '01, and that seems to be about right. There aren't many of us; I've seen only a couple other S-Runners here in Raleigh. I've got the TRD supercharger on mine, and a TRD LSD with the stock 3.15 gears. I've measured my 0-60 mph at 5.84 seconds with G-Tech. The black ones like mine are sleepers if you don't put the "Supercharger" badges on them. The red ones look like they're flying when they're sitting still!

There are S-Runner owners in your area.

We hang out here:

Rad