Stampede truck shells...what happened to them?

Back in the mid 80's I got a shell for my toyota truck with the brand name "Stampede." It was made out of a durable, lightweight material. My shell is about 75 lbs, as opposed to fiberglass shells that are close to 200 lbs.

I've been thinking about buying another toyota truck, and I was looking around for shells, and all I can find are fiberglass shells.

Does anyone know what happened to Stampede shells? Did the company go out of business?

Thanks,

Pat

Reply to
pwisch

Brahma used to make a thermoplastic one that was about that weight. I had one on my 89 Nissan truck and it was great. I would like to put one on my 2003 Tundra, but looks like they went out of business.

Reply to
Leonard