Steering Relay Rod 86 Toyota Pickup

The ball joint for the idle arm went. Now have an inch of play or as my friend of constant understanding put it - multiple alignment during driving. It did'nt drop out so I took a bicycle inner tube wrapped many times and steers like new. Problem is they say I can't put in a new ball joint on the steering rod and they want much money for a new one. Two questions. Is that correct and if so who has the best price for a new center link. Thanks

Reply to
James R Cornett

Answers: #1: Is WHAT correct? That it steers better that ever with the bike intertube fix? I believe that! That they want much money for a new one? Probably "yes". That they can't put a new ball joint on the steering rod? ("Steering rod" = center link) Hell NO! Look at it! It's one piece! #2: You already know the price("much")! Due diligence requires that YOU make the calls, besides YMMV. 4WD, 2WD, manual/power steering make a difference. Kagen ~$85, Autozone ~$65, PicknPull ~$10. SOME Isuzu, LUV, Nissan, Toy Van center links will interchange with a Toy PU center link.

Reply to
Jeff