straight axle conversion brake question:

Hi all, I'm doing a straight axle conversion on an 88 Toyota pickup using an axle from an 84 diesel pickup. I've been told I can use the disc brake calipers from my 88 on the earlier axle if I use Land Cruiser rotors. Any idea what year FJ rotors I should be looking for? Either way, the old ones have to go - they're completely rusted.

Thanks in advance- Jeff G

jeffgross at charter dot net if you want to reply directly

Reply to
Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my address)

Early '80s, FJ40 or FJ60 rotors, '82 is one year I've heard used.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Cold ones are in the fridge, help yourself.

Cheers, - Jeff G

Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my address)