Toyota diesel 4-Runners/pickups in USA & Canada

Everyone thinks Toyota diesel 4-Runners and pickups are impossible to get in Canada & USA but that's not necessarily true,see my complete info below.

The way the price of gasoline (petrol for Australians) is going I suggest that everyone convert their Toyotas to diesel as they are more:

fuel efficient higher torque waterproof simpler reliable safer can idle all day long less overheat episodes can burn bio diesel or vegetable oil (without glycerin)

Well to help everyone dismiss the myth that Toyota diesel pickups & SUV's are rare in USA & Canada I have included below a list of very resourceful links that contain places to buy diesel engines/parts and complete rigs.

These are 14 Toyota DIESEL 4-Runner/pickup discussion sites:

?id=8
Toyota diesel engines models: 2L's, 2L-T's, 3L's and 5L 's for sale in the greater Los Angeles area:

Engine Trend Inc George

4515 S.Soto Street Los Angeles,CA 90058 USA Ph: 1-800-939-3295 Ph: (323) 589-2844

Spector Offroad Marv

21600 Nordhoff St Chatsworth,CA 91311 USA Ph: (818) 882-1238

Reseda Engines in Northridge Danny

8644 Darby Ave Northridge,CA 91325 USA Ph: (818) 349-7472

Jarco USA

194 Gateway Dr Canton,Georgia 30115 USA Ph: (770) 479-4942 Fax: (770) 479-4948 Operator:James Stettler
E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com

For Japanese import versions of the Toyota Hilux Surf (4-Runner),Hilux (pickup) and others being sold in Canada:

(ask for Marko)
PREMIUM AUTO DARTSMOUTH NS
Sidney(R) (tm) Repairs TV's,VCR's,home/car audio out of my apartment E-mail:sidneybek(at)yahoo.com Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

sidneybek

ne.htm

Don't have a deisel but wanted to say thanks for all the information you've given us. I will sure make "my" life easier; Thanks.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

If you're thinking about converting a gasoline car over to a diesel, it is NOT as simple as it sounds. Keep a watch on reality. Make sure you know just what has to be changed to get a car that is complete and safely drivable, can be registered for street use, runs properly, and all the accessories work.

Fuel tank plumbing is all different (you have to take the electric fuel pump out of the tank, and rig up a new gauge sender), and all the other engine electrics are totally different. You need a much larger alternator and either a dual-battery or large battery conversion - Twin Group 24 or 27, or one Group 31 oversized.

Power brakes need to convert from vacuum booster to Hydrovac, or you need to get an engine driven vacuum pump to run the existing brake booster and any other vacuum operated accessories (AC damper doors) - diesel engines don't have any manifold vacuum.

And there are a hundred similar "Gotcha!" moments in the conversion.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman