Toyota diesel engines imported from Japan

Toyota diesel & gas engines imported directly from Japan:

Jarco USA

194 Gateway Dr Canton,Georgia 30115 USA Tel:(770)479-4942 Fax:(770)479-4948 Operator:James Stettler

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@jarcoinc.com

Presently when clicking on the "inventory" link to their site I found the following parts & engine:

"Hilux Surf (4-Runner) - Includes 2L-TE 2.4l Turbo Diesel Engine, Automatic 4X4 Transmission, Complete Rear Differential, Fuel Tank, Bilstien Shocks (4), , and a good Right-Hand Drive Conversion 121,926 Kilometers (Approximately 76203 Miles)"

Oh yeah there is a neat article as to the real reason why Toyota and other Japanese engines in Japan are sold to the USA with such low mileage,just click on "products" and choose "engines". For other sources of Toyota low mileage 2L's, 2L-T's, 3L's and 5L ?s:

Engine Trend Inc George

4515 S.Soto Street Los Angeles,CA 90058 USA Ph:1-800-939-3295 Ph:(323) 589-2844

Spector Offroad Marv

21600 Nordhoff St Chatsworth,CA 91311 USA Ph:(818) 882-1238

Reseda Engines in Northridge Danny

8644 Darby Ave Northridge,CA 91325 USA Ph:(818) 349-7472.

They are found in the greater Los Angeles area.

Reply to
Sidney

Do we know why they don't put diesel into American SUV?

There is a new Diesel technology called Common-rail Direct Injection that makes a Diesel runs like a Gas engine (well almost). This technology is very common in Europe. I heard Daimler already put this on the Liberty Jeep and it is hot in Europe. A 2.7L I4 Diesel has more torque than a 3.5V6 gas, at much better gas mileage.

Reply to
DTT

Probably since so many bad diesels were sold in years past, most folks won't have anything to do with them. I have a VW diesel pickup and its great, 40+ MPG, nearly 300K miles and still going strong. Lots of new diesel options in the full size pickups.

Typically requires a cleaner, ultra-low sulphur fuel that is not available in the US, expect for a few test stations.

Reply to
Roger Brown

have anything to do with them. I have a VW diesel

of new diesel options in the full size pickups.

the US, expect for a few test stations.

Reply to
DTT

I5 diesel 2.7 and it has as much torque as the V8 4.3litre. See here

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Reply to