Toyota Tech Info Downloads Question

Hello,

A while back, somebody posted a link to where one could go and download, for a fee per day, tech info on Toyota cars/trucks. I believe it was a Toyota site. I cannot find it. Please help.

Thanks RG

Reply to
RG

I think this is what you are talking about:

Luther

Reply to
Luther

Reply to
Derek Clarke

Thanks Luther, that's it!

RG

Reply to
RG

You're welcome. Good luck with your data search.

Luther

Reply to
Luther

In news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Luther being of bellicose mind posted:

Yes... at $10 a day, $50 per month, or $350 per year.

Reply to
Philip®

Yes, it is at

Be warned, you may have problems if you have the wrong version of Adobe Reader (use 5.0 or 5.05 -- not 6), a slow processor, or W98 (instead of W98SE). Read the system requirements: my system did not meet the requirements (I had a 366MHz processor and W98) and I could not get it to work, so I had to use somebody elses PC (the Library). Their tech help was very responsive, but only on a weekday. Sign up early in the day and you'll get almost 1-1/2 days for the price of one. With DSL or cable modem you could probably download the entire service manual for one car in a couple of hours (note: you would have to do it topic by topic). Was $10 for a day when I used it. Must go back sometime.

Jim Andrus

Reply to
James Andrus

Yes, but its not cheap! Its 10 a day, 50 a month or 350 a year.

As a Toyota tech, I get a free membership (plastic card). Some techs have actually sold thiers on ebay. I seen one go for $50! Crazy and seems it may be unethical.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Both manuals run about $350. Have a good dealer they will give you a picture out of the books for anything you want (to do) copy, free.

Gordon

Reply to
Raneman

Hi,

I just had a look at this site and have a question for those who have used it.

With a cable connection it's possible to download a lot of info in one day. Would I be able to download the full manuals for my 2001 Tundra for the 1 time daily fee?

I mean 10 bucks instead 350.00 x 2 sounds to good to be true. It appears that most are pdf's which is no big deal. For 10 bucks I'll probably jump in there and check it out anyway but I thought I'd look for some feedback.

Gracias

Reply to
R3

I got everything I wanted for my Tacoma in about three hours, and that was just flipping back and forth while I was working on other things. There should be no problem. If you're worried, subscribe on a Saturday and just sit there and download like a whirlwind.

Dreamer

Great, thanks for the info.

Reply to
R3